Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hueytown Purple and Gold Classic

It was a nasty, wet and snowy weekend in Hueytown. That's right, I said snowy! After 5 years of running this tournament, I had my first "Snow Out"! Friday we played 2 games winning the first on big and losing a close one to the Red Storm 96 in the rain. Saturday we woke up to this...


Yes, that's snow for those of you who have never been up North.

After 3 months of planning I watched the tournament go down with the falling snow. Rin and I stayed on the phone all morning (starting at 5:30 am) getting the schedule worked out to salvage something and in the end were able to get half the teams to come back on Sunday.

The weather on Sunday was a 180 degree turnaround from Saturday. Temps in the 70's and sunny! I went home with a sunburn on Sunday!

The Results were as follows:

8U - 1st Place Springville Shock, 2nd Place Red Storm

10U - 1st Place BL Lady Bombers, 2nd Place Birmingham Mustangs

12U - 1st Place Birmingham Bandits, 2nd Place Birmingham Mustangs

Sorry no pics, but I spent the day in Hueytown while the team was in Gardendale. Argi furnished me with a championship picture....
2nd Place - Birmingham Mustangs

No comments: